Participate with a virtual pitch!
Pitch application deadline extended till 31st July 2020!
The concept of the virtual pitches is to put your project idea in a nutshell and convince potential partners to join your project. Instead of a project idea you can also present your organisation and your technical expertise to meet potential project partners.
Your participation will give you an excellent opportunity to share ideas and build new consortia and to create connections among companies and research organisations that wish to carry out collaborative research and innovation projects in the area of Life Sciences.
How to apply to give a pitch?
- Register to the Eurostars matchmaking event with a full profile and marketplace description
- Indicate that you would like to give a pitch
- Provide a short description/title of your project idea/request
- Upload your video pitch presentation (max. size is 10 MB)
- In case your presentation is more than 10 MB, you can send it to the e-mail address email@example.com.
All pitch applications will be evaluated by the Eurostars funding organisations, based on the following criteria:
- Have a clear title
- The topic is in the domain of Life Sciences
- Contains an offer or demand for collaboration in an international research and development project (Eurostars, Interreg, and other funding channels)
- Duration is max. 5 minutes (max. 5 slides with oral presentation)
- Presentation is in well understandable English
After evaluation, you will be notified whether your pitch application is approved or not. Upon approval, you will be asked to submit your final pitch video presentation (max. 5 minutes) before 20 August. Please note that all pitches will be given in English.
- New pitch application deadline: 31/07/2020
- Final pitch video submission: 20/08/2020
From 24th August onwards, the accepted pitches will be made available online to all registered participants.
During the virtual matchmaking session on 9/09/2020 you will have the opportunity to speak to potential cooperation partners in an outcome oriented and above all time efficient manner during bilateral online B2B meetings, for which participants will be able to request a meeting with you before as well as during the matchmaking session.
By submitting a pitch application, you are indicating your intention to make a short pitch video presentation and to be available for online meetings during the virtual Eurostars Life Sciences matchmaking event on 9 September, if accepted.
How to prepare a pitch video?
- An easy way to prepare your pitch video is to start with a PowerPoint presentation (max. 5 slides).
- Make sure you have a sound card, microphone, speakers and (optionally) a webcam.
- Record a slide show with narration and slide timings, following these instructions.
- Turn your presentation into a video (see here how to do this).
- You can improve playback performance and save disk space by compressing your media files.
- Please include the following sentence on the last slide (which can be slide no. 6): "If you have any questions or are interested to discuss cooperation, please send me a meeting request for a virtual meeting on 9 September 2020!"