+++ COVID-19 UPDATE! +++
The safety and security of matchmaking participants are our top priorities. Even if the risks of Covid-19 contamination decrease, we still prefer to be careful for everyone's safety. That is why we decided to organise the Eurostars Life Sciences matchmaking event completely virtual :
- Virtual meetings on 27 May 2020
- Presentations and SME pitches will be available online for registered participants from 24 August 2020
- Virtual B2B-meetings on 9 September 2020
Eurostars Life Sciences matchmaking event
A brokerage event for SME’s looking to cooperate in research and development projects.
In the context of the Eurostars Calls (next cut-off deadline is 3 September 2020), the Enterprise Europe Network and the public funding agencies from Belgium, the Netherlands and Nordrhein-Westfalen (Germany) co-organise an international matchmaking event for SME’s interested in Life Sciences topics.
Eurostars funds international innovative projects led by R&D-performing SME's. With its bottom-up approach, it supports the development of innovative products, processes and services. It is an ideal first step in international cooperation, enabling small businesses to combine and share expertise and benefit from working beyond national or regional borders.
To help interested parties in finding international partners (companies, universities, research institutes) with complementary expertise to set up a Eurostars project, a two-fold matchmaking event is organised in the domain of Life Sciences, including health, biotech, medtech and agrotech:
- On 27th May 2020, online B2B meetings will be facilitated through the b2match platform to allow companies to find partners for the next Eurostars call in September.
More than 170 participants from 19 countries registered for this online matchmaking session and a total of 159 meetings took place successfully!
- On 9th September 2020, online B2B meetings will be facilitated through the b2match platform for participants looking for partners to submit a proposal in 2021.
From 24th August, registered participants will have the opportunity to learn about the latest services and funding opportunities offered to SME’s for cross-border research projects by the Eurostars and Interreg programmes and how to set up an international project via virtual presentations. In addition, SME pitches with project ideas and/or expertise offers will be made available online. On the 9th September you will be able to meet potential project partners and/or get an answer to your questions regarding the presentations and pitches during the virtual matchmaking session.
Participants of the virtual matchmaking session on 27th May are also invited to attend the virtual Eurostars Life Sciences matchmaking event (with presentations, pitches and bilateral meetings) on 9th September 2020!
The 2nd day of the Eurostars matchmaking event is scheduled on the 1st day of the Knowledge for Growth conference (on 9-10 September 2020), one of the largest conferences in Europe in the domain of Life Sciences, also offered online. By scheduling the Eurostars event adjacent to this conference, participants will have the opportunity to attend several interesting presentations in the life sciences sector and network further with companies and research institutes active in the field.
APPLICANTS FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We encourage you to browse the Eurostars FAQ section, which answers many of the questions you might have. There you will find a range of information for applicants, participants and experts.
The Eurostars matchmaking event is free of charge.
Participants of the matchmaking can enjoy the Knowledge for Growth conference at a reduced price (40% discount on the general registration fee) when registering in advance.
- Register for the Eurostars matchmaking event.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail directly after registration containing the discount code for the conference.
- Register for the Knowledge for Growth conference following the instructions in the confirmation e-mail that was sent to you. Information on prices and tickets can be found here.
Companies and researchers active in the field of life sciences.